Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This morning's epiphany...

I forgot my cell phone this morning so I drove back to the condo after dropping off the kids at school.

Right now I can't recall what lead me to this thought.. and the fear of losing all memory of this scared me enough to prompt me to write this at work... So I will be quick.

BEING JESUS TO OTHERS

What if God gave us our horrible trials... so that we can be Jesus to others?

If I lose my job, will I be able to take the fall for the benefit of others, whether it be monetarily or spiritually?

If I live in poverty, will that make me more valuable (sympathetic) to give when I am blessed with more?

If I lose a parent or a child, will that make me more valuable (capable) to others who need me to walk along side them?

Jesus died a terrible, terrible death for us. How many times have we been told that? He paid the price. Our price.

What if God is giving us the opportunity to be Jesus for others and we are so focused on ourselves that we aren't using the gift the way it was meant.

Jesus was human enough to cry out "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me".

Just like we do when we lose our jobs,
when we don't have enough money to pay for our bills,
when we lose a loved one,
when life seems unfair,
when a company goes under,
when natural disasters occur,
I could go on and on.

But when we can turn the prospective off of ourselves, we can focus on the fact that God is using us.

This seems like such an elementary belief, but for me it was looking at it from a different view that made it such an "aha" moment.

Sorry for the babbling.

Yeah God!

No comments: