Sunday, May 17, 2009

I finally did it...

For some of you who know me from many many years back... you will know who I am talking about. But for others, you might have these people in your life and might relate.

The other day, I reached out to a person who I intentionally took out of my life. To make a long story short, I felt convicted to sever my "best friendship" with a gal in my life who had been part of my life since high school. I can't say that it was a black and white decision. I was just starting to be challenged as a Christian, and I couldn't imagine keeping up my friendship with her as I was starting to change my lifestyle, beliefs and ways. What it came down to, I think, is that I knew that my relationship with her, would make my transformation more difficult. So I ended it.

Now that I look back, I realize that I am was so immature in my thinking (So all you young 20-30 somethings, don't start thinking you have all the answers, it never ends, we still have so much more to learn.)

Anyhow, in my Facebook infatuation, her face keeps coming up on the side and it has been tugging at my heart to ask for forgiveness.

So I did.

And while I planned to blog this yesterday when I actually sent her a message, I happened to quick check Facebook while I opened up my blog tonight...

and she wrote me back.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for being the conductor in the symphony of my life. When I look to You to lead, I become amazed at the beauty of the music that results. Forgive me for the times I think I can do it on my own. For the times I feel I need a solo, my own crescendos and tempo changes... The music just doesn't turn out as sweet.

But now Lord, I ask that You lead me in this reconnection. Guide me in Your ways and as I step out in sight-reading this next piece. Help me to look to You for direction.

My desire is only to let You use me to be part of Your kingdom.
In Your Son's name.

Amen

1 comment:

KIM said...

You are strong Marianne.. I am so glad you reached out and she reached back to you.. I know that had to be hard.. a great lesson for all of us and it sure did make me think. :o) Love ya!!