Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Daddy

I planned on having my first post be about my Dad and his struggle due to poor health... but then he passed away on September 8, 2008 at 7:45am. I had the privledge of visiting him early that morning and having a conversation that gave us the overconfidence that he was not ready to die. But his breathing had gotten labored and I remembered that Jeff's Grandma B had the same type of breathing when she passed. So I mentioned it to my mom and to my husband. While I had went back home to get dressed and stop in at work for a little before the nurse came, he had taken the time to write "No CPR" on his notepad, minutes before he passed in bed at his home.

The rest of the week has been a whirlwind. So many people had called, written, came and offered support during this difficult time. All I know is that it has made me realize how much each small token of love means to someone when they are hurting.

To all of you, I offer my heartfelt thanks.
I love you all!

1 comment:

KIM said...

Marianne - we all continue to pray for you and your family and for your Mom - I now how much little notes here and there really help with the healing process - to know support is still there and that no one has forgotten... so I hope this note helps a tiny bit... Love you so much!!
~ Kim