Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mourning mornings

So now it has been a week since Dad has passed, and Mom is settling in to our house, slowly but surely. She spends days at the condo with Tessa (my three-year-old) and then as a family we come back to my house.

The latest is that Mom believes I should be wearing "Mourning" appropriate attire. So I was incredibly surprised when I came out of my room in the morning ready for work and she exclaimed (with tears in her voice) "You can't wear that!". So I am now scrambling for proper attire ever morning for work. It's bad enough that I haven't been able to catch up with laundry since last week, but now I have to be pickier than "Yup, it's clean".

But I love and respect Mom and of course Dad. So I will be wearing somber colors for the next three or six months (whatever Mom deems.) At least every morning, as I struggle with clothes, I'll be able to take a moment and be thankful to have had a wonderful father who loved me very much and be thankful for a God who promises us paradise when we go to meet him if only we believe.

1 comment:

KIM said...

Marianne - I hope things get better - I know how stressful it can be to pick out clothes last minute for work and now it is even harder for you.. thinking of you!! Love Ya!!