Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gushing about Jeff

I have to totally gush about my husband...

Jeff drove to my parent's condo in the middle of the night, two nights before Dad died, to check a bruise that Dad got, and to mostly ease my Mom's mind.

The morning that Dad died, he sent the kids off to school, found a babysitter for my three year-old and made it back to me to say "good-bye" to Dad when the funeral home came to take him away.

I can't even list the rest of the things he did to make sure that I could tend to my mom and my family that came into town for the funeral. All that and he stayed by my side whenever he had the chance.

When I was single, I told myself that I wanted to marry a guy who was:
1) older than me
2) the same religion as me
3) who loved my parents as much as I did

Jeff is younger than me, he is not Catholic, but he does respect and love my parents as much as is humanly possible, and I know he does because he loves me.

I am completely blessed to have him in my life. He has made me a better person and I thank God every chance I get for saving this wonderful man for me to fall in love with.

Thank you sweetheart. I love you with all my heart.

1 comment:

KIM said...

I have to agree with you Marianne - Jeff is pretty awesome - to see him as a husband and a father is wonderful to see - he SO adores you and the kids and he shows it everytime I am around you guys - you have an amazing family!!
~ Your sis...Kim