Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Passion

I try to make a point of watching the Passion of the Christ, during lent every year. I feel like I need to be reminded of exactly what Jesus went through for a sinner like me.

I cringe, turn my head, and find excuses to leave the room when the pain is too much to bear...

I wonder if I would know the truth when it came to persecuting him. Would I follow the crowds? Would the words "Crucify Him" come out of my mouth?

Tears stream as I shutter at the thought of what Mary went through.

But then there is the miracle of the grave being empty...

The gift we have been given which in no way is related to jelly beans, bunnies or candy.

It is unbelievable...

For a sinner like me.

I pray for all my loved ones in this time of Lent. That our hearts become ready to celebrate this gift.

Jesus Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!

No comments: