Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rubber bands...

I recently had the privledge of meeting someone at my church to discuss God-given gifts. The funny thing is that I got to compare my current gifts with a copy of my gifts from some years ago. Some new ones are developing, others were well developed and yet others, I had the privledge of scratching off my list.

Scratching off the list you may ask. I realized that while I was able to use these gifts, they were not particularly the ones that I enjoy. So I got the permission to scratch them off the list.

This may seem like such a little thing, but it was so liberating.

My friend at church explained that God gave us gifts so that we can be like a happy rubber band. All loose and happy. That when we attempted to do things that were out of our zone, it was a stretch and that would pull us. We can do it for a while, but after a long period of time, we snap.

I feel like I am so late in the game, but I believe this can give me direction on trying to make my life more enjoyable for me (and others around me).

No comments: