Monday, November 9, 2009

New Beginning

I had the best weekend ever!

Friday afternoon we officially sold our house! Jeff and I did such a great job of packing it all up and breaking down the whole process into small "digestible" chunks. (How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time)

The closing got postponed more times than I remember, but we were fine because we were ready for it. Considering that Jeff and I are such procrastinators, I'm so happy with the whole process.

Saturday morning we drove my mom to OHare airport for her flight to Lima. The trip went super for her and she even got bumped to first class from Houston to Lima! I talked to her last night and she was so happy! It felt like a huge sign from God saying "This is meant to be". Thank you Lord!

After the airport we went to visit good friends who are moving to Belgium for the next two years. The weather was beautiful and we played at the park with the kids and just vegged together. So relaxing and comfortable! I'm going to miss Jeff and Julie Johnson!

Sunday we went to church early, took the kids shopping in Muskegon and went out for lunch. By the time we got back, we relaxed and even "handled" what I would have considered a stressful situation for pre-now Jeff and Marianne. We got asked to babysit at the last minute and we managed to get the house in presentable conditions and had fun visiting with our three little friends!

Jeff and I have been trying so hard to make some good changes in our lives. It really feels like the fruits of our labor are coming in.

Smiles all around today!

No comments: