Friday, July 31, 2009

Fellowship Blessings

It might sound weird but Jeff and I have been blessed to find a family that truly enjoy spending time with. I was about to chalk us up to being "the casual friends" but we met a family in the spring that had kids close to the same ages as ours. We met them through acquaintances and throughout the summer we have been spending more time together and realizing that we have so much in common. A camping trip together pretty much sealed the deal, and we are so thankful.

Getting to know people is always such fun. It is like the first stages of dating that you take the time to get to know them better and their likes and dislikes. All the laughter and joy is such a blessing to my soul!

We have also been making an effort to go to our church "extra-curricular" events. We tend to only go if we know that someone else is going, but we are enjoying getting to know more members of our church on a one-to-one situation, instead of the usual Sunday hussle and bussle.

It really is a blessing to spend time investing in people. I happened to miss my High School reunion because of a church function. It is hard to see all reconnections via Facebook that my friends were able to make, but I am hoping that the next opportunity to get together will be one that I can freely go to without any hesitations. I guess there is a story behind my hesitations, but I'll save that for another entry! :)

So today I thank God for good fellowship. For our friends, family, church family and old friendships.

No comments: