Thursday, July 2, 2009

Praying for marriages tonight

Seems like I often take my marriage for granted. That Jeff will put up with my moodiness, craziness and never-ending preoccupation with the weirdest things possible.

I recently got news of one of my friends splitting up from her husband. They got married the same year Jeff and I did. It breaks my heart. I'm sure there are issues, but then I know my marriage has issues as well. I'm just praying that God looks over them both and if there is a faint glimmer of hope, that the flame gets fanned into a healthy glow.

Recently I reconnected with a friend from college through Facebook. I just realized that his profile lists him as single... and the last time I saw him he was engaged to marry his longtime sweetheart.

At work, I get to see the effects of what divorce does to the children involved. A dear friend of mine is in such a depression because her children want nothing to do with her. My other friend is disappointed with her son leaving the state to look for a job because he leaves behind his own son (who is the same age as my Tristan.)

Pray to God for your marriage. Never let the "D" word come into play. Keep your marriage as the number one priority in your life. Your children often take that role, but if you neglect your spouse... your children will be the first ones to notice. Respect one another.

Here's a link to Winning At Home's website. May our Lord bless you and your spouses.

No comments: