Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Grandmother...


We just got news that my Grandmother Maria Vidal has passed. She is with the Lord and no longer suffering from the ailments of being 96 years old.

I got to spend time with her in January. She was already blind and needed to use a wheelchair. My mother got to spend three months caring for her, even though she had just gotten done caring for my father for so many years.

My aunt Herlinda has had my grandmother in her house for so many years. She has seven sons and one daughter and is a single parent. If I could, I would bring her to the US and spoil her rotten.

Mom has decided not to go to Peru at this time. I know she loves and misses her mom. But she believes that the money she would spend to get there, would be better spent on her burial expenses.

The thought of having more loved ones in heaven is something I never put much attention to. But I rejoice at the thought of having "my posse" grow for the time that I will see them again.

Take the time to make the connections with your loved ones. Be kind to them and let them know that you love them. It is so unfortunate that we wait for the bad times to appreciate what we have.

God Bless to you and your loved ones.

3 comments:

KIM said...

Oh Marianne.. I am so sorry - know that you and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers! I am so glad you got to see her in January and spend some time with her.. memories you will always have of her!!
Love ya!

Karen said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sounds like she lived a very full life though-- bitter sweet isn't it? I am glad that your mother was able to spend the last 3 months with her, that is a time your mom will surely cherish. I am amazed at God's perfect timing of allowing your mother to have that time-- at a time when your mom really needed it....

I LOVED your building up your posse comment-- I never thought of it that way!

Bruce Hunt said...

Marianne,
You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.
eek ok ork ah haaa :)
Bruce