Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning...

Dear Lord,

I have wanted to talk to you all day...

You see I wish I could start today all over.

My heart is so heavy with dirt, grime, and anger.

My mind wanders and I can't seem to keep to the task at hand.

The tears threaten to fall and all I long for is your peace.

Your promise that You will not give me more than I can handle...

and yet it feels like that today is the day that You didn't come through.

I know it isn't You that is failing me, but me failing you.

And when I fail You, I tend to fail the others around me.

Help me take the focus off myself and put it all on You.

Help me take the garbage from my heart and put You there instead.

Help me to be the best I can be at all my jobs.

Help me let You shine through me like a clean vessel of light.

In your Son's name,

Amen

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow..... this prayer brought me to my knees-- very heartfelt. VERY CONVICTING.....

Susan Alberda said...

Oh, this just feels all too familiar. Thank you for your honesty, it's always good to know we're not alone in our struggles. Blessings to you!