Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tough decisions...

I know that being a parent is never easy... but sometimes you can find yourself in a place where you have to make decisions that really just plain suck!

We had to pull Tristan and Trinity out of private school this year. Tristan took it the hardest. He still to this day laments over his old school. Tears even...

Trinity doesn't seem to mind, but I do know that she still holds on to the memory of her old friends... but not as much as Tristan.

It breaks my heart... I've seen changes in him that I've never seen before. Getting in trouble, schoolwork not as good as before... I keep wondering if it is my imagination.

I bought the kids blank notebooks to color in. Tristan brought me (2) pictures he drew that had to do with his old school and his new school. The thing is that his old school was a Christian school and he takes it so hard that he is not learning about God (except for Sunday at church and Monday when he goes to an afterschool Bible Explorers program... I know this because he pointed it out to me tonight.)

I'm so worried that private school will shelter him from "real life". But then... what will be the effects of "real life"?

I know that I should really just pray about it. But I was once taught "Pray like it all depends on God and act like it all depends on you."

The decision was in part financial, so it is not as if we can just reverse a decision and go from there.

I just keep reassuring him that I love him and that I take his feelings seriously. I imagine that is part of the lesson to be learned.

1 comment:

KIM said...

Tristan and Trinity are added to my prayer journal Marianne.. it was good to read your post - please keep me posted on how they are doing.. and you too.. we are so proud of them and hope the transition gets better - tell them their Aunt Kim loves them!!