Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rude awakening...

Yesterday morning, I was having a normal day in that I was yelling at the kids to get ready and they were bickering and calling each other names.

it just so happened that Tristan came up to tattle on his sister...

"Mom! Trinity said to mind my own bee's nuts... Not the regular nuts... but the ones that get girls pregnant!"

Needless to say... I was stunned and shocked. I told them to get ready for school and I realized that I needed to figure out a way to have "the talk" with Tristan and possibly Trinity.

In my heart, I think that Trinity was just engaging in potty talk (butt, etc). I don't think she knows that nuts get girls pregnant, but I do (now) know that Tristan knows that nuts get girls pregnant.

Help! Anyone out there have experience with this?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh how I HATE those moments! We had a "probing" question from Noah last spring. We knew the time was now! We've always said we really want to be the ones to explain, rather than our kids hearing it on the playground, in a warped sort of way. We gave Noah the facts, he asked some really good questions, and we've had lots of open, honest conversations since. Go for it! :)

MARIANNE said...

Thanks Jess! At least it seems we are on the same timeline. Now to try and carve some alone time with my son!