Friday, October 2, 2009

October really?

It took me about a month to mourn the send of summer, but now I am in the full swing of my favorite season... Fall!

We have soccer games galore, blankets and camp chairs are gracing the back of my vehicle along with extra clothes, balls of all sorts and a helmet for Horseback riding.

Jeff is going away for his weekend of camping and believe it or not, I'm thrilled. I do like him going out to do "Guy" stuff, but the selfish part of me took many years of marriage to get over. I think I am finally there!

My beautiful nephews are here in the world. While I was able to see them on their "birth" day, it has been hard to not be there more. My wonderful Sister (she's more than a Sister-In-Law) has been so gracious to let me be a part of this all by changing diapers and holding babies. I can't wait until next weekend when we are all going to bombard her house with mad chaotic family love!

September was the year anniversary of my dad's passing. It was strange to realize that the pain did indeed lessen. My love and admiration has not changed at all, but that peace that takes over the pain is a Godsend.

We are in the middle of negotiating the sale of our house. It has been a headache, but I am confident that God's will is all over this.

Jeff and I haven't had "that" much time together but our last date night was wonderful. You wonder what we did? We talked about dreams and goals. Then we went to visit his grandparents who are the best reminders of what is important in life. We were able to remind ourselves of what we want our lives to be like, and work towards that instead of working at just "hanging on".

I look forward to more soccer games, horse riding lessons and hope to add a couple roadtrips to take in the fall colors. Maybe a trip to the fish ladder up north and one last camping trip.

2 comments:

KIM said...

So looking forward to seeing you guys for the day on Saturday!!

Karen said...

Congratulations Auntie on your two new nephews! I am very happy for Jeff's sister and that this pregnancy was a full-term one!

I am with you 100%-- I do love summer, don't get me wrong, unstructured days,camping, boating and beach fun-- but I LOVE FALL, it is by far my favorite season-- time for apple picking, pumpkins, beautiful trees, MSU football and warmer clothing....