Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Everytime You Go Away- Paul Young

I love when my subconsious overrules my brain and I'm just a slave to it.

I happen to be here at work having a super busy day (you wouldn't guess by my deciding to blog right this minute, but it is busy!) and this song happens to pop up and I get this goofy butterfly feeling in my stomach.

Along with the butterflies I have a tingly, goose-bump thing going.

I stop my busyness to realize that I am having an eighth-grade activity night flashback. Dancing for the first time with a boy that I've had a crush on. I can almost picture the multicolored spots of light flowing over my head.

No wonder we have such a hard time being adults... when was the last time you had a reaction like this to adult things like work and grocery shopping?

I don't believe that just because we are adults, we have to stop being fun and set aside the things that make us happy. If you have children, you know they take all their cues from you.

My goal tonight to find something that will give me that feeling again and make new memories that I will enjoy 20 years from now.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hey Erma, I just had this same thing happen to me the other day. I quoted a line from a movie and totally remembered what it was like when I would hang out with my cousin Candy all the time. We were always quoting movies or TV shows to each other. And I was remembering our weird handshake that we always did and wondering if I can still do it.

Hope you and the family are doing well. We'll be in Michigan for Thanksgiving. I would love it if we could get together at some point. Even if it's just for lunch or dinner...