Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One of those Mondays...

Yesterday was the first day of my Summer Work schedule.

Ever since my company had layoffs (about 3 months now), I have been working more than my 20 hours a week that I was hired in at. I'm up to 32 hours a week, which accomodated my getting kids to school and being home when they got dropped off.

Well with school out and my mom home, I found that I need my day off to work in doctor appointments for my mom, and to give my mom a break from having the kids all week.

So I got my Mondays off.

Yesterday was phone calls to make appointments for the following Mondays, an eye appointment for two of the kids and a trip to Allendale for a horse riding lesson for Trinity.

By the time I ate dinner, I fell fast asleep on the couch only to wake up and stumble into bed around 7pm and fall back asleep. I was mobile until about 9pm and then I STILL had a good night sleep for the rest of the night.

It is amazing to think how much your body can still do even though you are physically and mentally tired. It just waits around for an opportunity to shut down and recharge.

Makes me wonder if we just ignore all the signs, just like we do when we are on our own agenda.

No comments: