Friday, June 5, 2009

Here's the post I promised you Carrie...

C is for Carrie, that’s her name. I don’t know if she is a Caroline or Carolyn… maybe I should ask her sometime.

A is for All Over. Before I met her, I seemed to see her everywhere. Hanging with high school kids, hanging around church …. When she started seeing Michael, I thought…” Finally… I get to meet her.” Now that I know her better, she is still all over. She even came up while my dad was in the hospital getting wheeled down to radiology. Nowadays she is gracing the people of Mexico with her antics and adventures!

R is for Reimersma. I thought this was Carrie’s last name. When I tried to find an address to send a “Congratulations on your Engagement” card (and make an awesome first impression) I couldn’t. Because of that, poor Kate and Kristen couldn’t get a card either… and by then, everyone got the chance to know me and realize I probably wasn’t a Hallmark kind of gal.

R is … really. I really, really hope that when she comes back to Michigan that we go ahead with our plan to go visit nursing homes and do pictures. I’m so excited about that!

I is for independence, one of the things I admire about her. She exudes independence when you look at her. Knowing Michael, I could never imagine who would be best suited to be a wife to him, until I met Carrie. Michael is a dedicated hunter, son, employee and all around sportman (and he very good at all it). Carrie accompanies him when it suits her and lets him go when it doesn’t. Not for the faint of heart (like me. I cling like a used dryer sheet!)

E is for the every other Wednesday that she will be missing at the Yellow Jacket until she moves back into town.

1 comment:

carrievdk said...

That almost made me cry. And it did make me laugh. Thanks! I needed that today. I'll miss you - and I'm already looking forward to the Yellow Jacket on my return. A nice pink drink when I get back? And I think we should think about the nursing home idea. Hummmm... I'll also try to keep my promise to you by keeping up on my blog and posting some pictures. :)