Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Running...

Ok so everytime I say "Running" in my head it sounds like Forrest Gump.




Girls On The Run has been a blast. I am starting to fall in love with 26 girls who all seem to get along and while it is sometimes crazy to get them to all be quiet (at the same time), they encourage each other which I think is great!

Each meeting we talk about things like healthy habits or feeling good about ourselves even when people criticize things like our hair or our clothes. As a mom, I often gloss over these types of things because I assume they already know, but as a coach I know they can't be told enough times that they are precious and special.

Lately I've been a little frusterated with myself because aside from starting to train for a 5K (which for me is probably a bigger deal than it is to most), I have been starting an exercise program with Jeff at home that leaves all my muscles like jello!

So wish me luck as I try to balance both. My heart is with the girls right now. They are so sweet and encouraging to me as I putter along.

No comments: