Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TRAINING...

So I think it is hilarious that on Saturday I attended training on how to be a Girls On The Run coach and on Monday I had mentor training for Younglives. I should be close to perfect with all this training that I am getting! Ha!

It is my first experience with Girls On The Run, but I am looking forward to it. My daughter wants to do it and asked me to be her coach. I blame Jeff for being her soccer coach in Kindergarten! :) I look forward to seeing her complete a goal of running a 5k. I'm all about empowering my daughter to accomplish a goal she set for herself and gaining the self-confidence.

I've been doing Younglives for almost a year now. Being a mentor seems much harder than being a coach. As a mentor there is no concrete evidence of the impact you are having. No wins and losses that can be tallied or calculated into a percentage. I just pray that I can be a glimmer of God for those babies and young moms.

No comments: